Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Turkey Trot!

Oggi I got to visit Conor's scuola for a special, very American event--a Turkey Trot!  Turkey Trot is the name given to many races on or around Thanksgiving (Thanksgiving is next Thursday, by the way, and we have special Harry Potter-related plans for that day).  This Turkey Trot was a mile run for Conor's gym class.

There has been a lot of rain recntly, and things are flooded (not as badly as they were a few settimane (weeks) ago, though).  Gene and I took an alternate route to Conor's scuola to avoid the closed roads.  Look closely t this foto to see how high the water is in this field:




Gene and I arrived as the fourth graders were finishing up their run in front of la scuola:







Tara, who works next door, joined us.




Then Conor's grade came out.  Here is Conor with his amico Abe:




Gene and I ran with Conor and the other fifthe grade boys.  Naturalmente, they started out too fast, but they learned.  Some foto:






We had a good run.  Later I went for another  (longer) run.  Then, I patted Obi, who insisted on having his tummy rubbed.




Ciao tutti from me, Bridget!

No comments:

Post a Comment