Sunday, September 12, 2010

Lots of pictures of Venice!

The following was supposed to appear on Saturday September 11, 2010:

Ciao tutti, it’s me, Bridget. Yesterday we went to Vicenza, but haha, I forgot my camera, so non ci sono pictures. Mi dispiace molto. But la via continua.

Today, Gene and Conor were helping Tara at work, and I was lucky enough to get to take a trip to Padova (Padua) and Venezia (Venice), courtesy of Maddie’s dad Richard. There are due important things I need to buy while I’m in Italia. La seconda cosa is more like several cose. I need to buy the following:

1. a new portafoglio (wallet)

2. presents for il Natale (Not everyone reading this blog is getting a Christmas present from Italy. There are perfectly good gifts in the States, and my suitcase is only so big.)



I didn’t buy anything today. I have tre mesi to do so, so there. But I did a lot of poking around today. Il mercato a Padova is in a historic piazza. I remembered to take a few pictures while I was there, but there were too many people to get a good shot anywhere. Anyhow, here you go:





\






I have a lot more photos of Venice. One of the things Venice is known for is its masks traditionally used during Carnavale, and marketed ambitiously to le turiste:








We poked around a lot. Here are some things from shops/mercati:















Here are some belle viste:

















Here is a picture of my aunt Tara that she likes (not taken in Venice):
\



And I have a great video of Zoe the cat excited to see me after my return from Venice, but because of technical difficulties that will have to wait. 











No comments:

Post a Comment